The Korean Presbyterian Church of Metro Detroit (KPCMD) is pleased to announce the 50th Anniversary of the church’s founding. In the 50 years of the church’s history, KPCMD has grown from a small congregation in Detroit, to a thriving, multi-generational community serving the metro-Detroit area. KPCMD has been blessed to have served the local Korean-American community and looks forward to continue fostering both the current and a new generation of Christians. In this vein, we would like to celebrate and honor KPCMD’s 50 year-legacy through the KPCMD Jubilee Scholarship of 3-year full tuition and living expenses.
KPCMD’s commitment in actively promoting the Christian faith, particularly among the future generation of Korean-Americans, is exemplified through the scholarship. Through the scholarship, the church will provide financial assistance to a matriculating first-year seminary student, who will attend full-time at an accredited U.S. institution in 2017. The purpose of this scholarship is to ease the financial burden of a qualified seminary student, with the hope that this provides a solid foundation on which the seminary student can begin their education and life-long dedication to serving the church and the community-at-large.
IIn order to be eligible for the KPCMD Jubilee Scholarship, the applicant must be:
- A matriculating first-year seminary student, who will attend full-time at an accredited U.S. institution in 2017.
- A native English speaker Korean-American and an active member of the Presbyterian church or other Christian denomination recognized by the PCUSA.
- A legal resident of the U.S.
- Completed Application (download PDF files for Scholarship Application and Scholarship Recommendation)
- Proof of legal U.S. residency – a copy of birth certificate, permanent resident card, certificate of US citizenship, or US passport
- Church activities/community service description
- Academic History and Academic Achievements/Honors/Awards
- Most Recent Original Transcript (sealed by the institution)
- Current or future enrolled tuition invoice from the academic institution
- Admission letter
- Essay – subject: applicant introduction
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (in signed and sealed envelopes)
- Supportive Financial Documents (CSS Financial Aid Profile, FAFSA Report, etc.)
- Application deadline is March 31st, 2017
- Submit the signed application and required documents by mail
KPCMD Jubilee Scholarship
(Attn: Jennifer Yoon)
27075 W. 9 Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48033
- Proof of future enrollment every semester
- Academic transcript each semester
- 2 year paid service at KPCMD during summer break
The award will be paid directly to the academic institution.
The award received from this program is taxable income to the recipient. The recipient is responsible for all taxes related to this award. The taxable income will be reported to the award recipient and to the US IRS via a form 1099-MISC
Other detailed information, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to receiving applications and partnering with you to cultivate the next Christian generation.
KPCMD Jubilee Scholarship Committee